Of all clothing and accessory items, footwear stands as a surefire indicator of the weather. To keep cozy I layer tanks beneath sweaters all winter long. For December parties I cover "summer" tops under a coat, and once inside dance without getting too hot. Shoes can't be layered. I'm wearing boots? It's cold. Snow boots? It's snowy. Sandals? They're not on my feet until my toes can bask in some delicious, warm weather.
This Siberian winter has me craving a crystal blue, Caribbean vacation. Instead I'm stay-cationing with the kids, and hoping that warm weather will be here by April. In my fantasy world I'm jetting to a beach with the family. I've packed gauzy dresses, a bathing suit, and some freshly picked sandals. My fantasy beach vacation goes beyond amazing sandals...
- Swimming with the dolphins costs $10 per child.
- All nearby roller coasters are closed for maintenance.
- After experiencing nature for a few days, children develop a love of fresh fruits and vegetables. They're heard saying, "Mom, may I please have more broccoli?"
- The hotel serves homemade dark chocolate ice cream.
- I lose weight during the vacation.
- The air temperature is 86 degrees. The water temperature is 80 degrees. The margaritas are frozen.
- Every morning I take long, vigorous walks on the beach. I watch those little birds peck around, and leave their dainty foot prints in the sand. Every now and then the waves push hard, reminding me that some things are out of my control. I find a beautiful, broken conch shell.